Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Theme Thursday: "W" (also: "Secret")

Our family is going through a lot right now. It is hard on everyone, and the children are each handling it in their own way. The Middle is much more verbal/physical about his unhappiness- much. So after one particularly difficult episode I pulled him to the side and told him that I was going to give him a secret, and he had to hold it close in the palm of his hand. That whenever he started to feel bad, he could look in his hand and remind himself:
"W"e're ok
Extra snuggles from the kitty, featured top of image.
We're going to be O.K.

That no matter what happens, we're going to make it past the sad times. That love prevails and I will be their rock.

In my own hand I have a heart with their names written in it. Any time I want I can show them that I hold them not only in my hand but also in my heart. 

Please pray for peace in our hearts, minds, and home.

And click here!

10 comments:

  1. Isn't that a good feeling? Even in the bad times clinging to the knowledge that it's all going to be okay. I am sending up a prayer for you and your family now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful . Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. It kind of came from the Gentle Hand concept. We've got a lot of hitting happening out of anger and we talk about which is the angry hand and which is the gentle hand. Then we rub the gentle hand over the angry hand until it's gentle, too.

      Takes a little convincing sometimes but it definitely helps to refocus.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. Adding you to our St. Jude novena intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and yours. This is a wonderful idea, by the way. I'll have to use it with my sensory sensitive kid. Have a feeling she would love it.

    ReplyDelete